You’re likely aware of mulch, and some of its prominent features. Did you know there’s more benefits to mulch that just making a beautiful landscape?
- One of the best benefits of mulch is its ability to retain moisture in the soil.
- Organic mulches break down over time and contribute to soil health – especially beneficial if your soil fertility is poor.
- Controls weed growth by blocking out the light their seeds need to germinate.
- Keeps plants cool in the summer and protected in the winter.
- Protection against soil erosion.